Who We Are
Kidz Therapy Services, PLLC was founded to promote and enhance the development of infants and preschoolers with special needs between the ages of birth through 5. We are one of the largest providers of evaluations and services for young children in Nassau and Suffolk counties.
At Kidz Therapy Services, our mission is for all children with special needs to achieve their maximum personal development both as individuals and as learners.
Why Choose Us?
Kidz Therapy Services, PLLC employs professionals specifically trained to address the needs of young children and their families. Our professional staff is appropriately licensed and/or certified by the State of New York and receives ongoing supervision and training in their respective fields. At our Garden City, Hauppauge and Riverhead locations, we employ full time speech-language pathologists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, special education teachers, BCBA's, LBA's, psychologists, and social workers. Professionals trained in Autism and Behavioral services, including BCBA's and LBA's are available for ongoing preschool based consultation and direct services. Additionally, our agency utilizes independent contractors in all of these same professional disciplines who travel throughout Nassau and Suffolk counties to evaluate and treat children in the home, daycare, nursery and preschool program.
Kidz Therapy staff are here to address each child’s individual needs and to help all children on their way to a bright and promising future. Comprehensive plans are proposed for each child utilizing home, therapeutic center-based, preschool and community-based settings. Family needs and goals are incorporated into each child’s program and every effort is made to encourage a successful partnership between family/caregivers, preschool personnel and therapists.
Where We Serve
Early Intervention, preschool and parent pay services are available on site at our large and modern Garden City, Hauppauge and Riverhead locations. These locations provide child/parent oriented waiting areas and therapy rooms especially appointed to be “child friendly”. Each room is equipped with a computer and the latest in therapy tools. Additionally, our facilities are outfitted with state of the art sensorimotor integration gyms and physical therapy gyms, including new rock climbing walls and slides. We have a specially designed Evaluation Center in our Garden City office.
All evaluations and services can be provided in the child’s home, daycare, nursery/preschool program and local community centers. Please contact local office to see if changes have been made due to COVID-19.
COVID- 19 Facility Protocols
ALL parents and children entering any of our locations are required to wear a mask!
Steps for Providers:
- All therapists will be wearing masks and/or face shields for the duration of their services
- Therapists must clean all surfaces in therapy room between sessions.
- All materials and toys in the facility will be sanitized between each use.
- Therapists must wash their hands when entering and leaving the building, as well as, if they make any contact with bodily fluids (e.g., saliva, mucus, etc.) and in between each session.
- To the greatest extent possible, a physical distance of 6 feet should be maintained.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use at all times.
Steps for Parents:
- Parents should only bring child attending services and a child that can remain in a stroller.
- Upon entering the Kidz Therapy office your temperature will be scanned and you will be guided to a waiting room.
- Use hand sanitizer upon entering and when needed.
- Use of hallway should be limited to entering/ exiting and use of restroom facilities.
- If your child has a fever or any signs of illness, please notify the office no later than 1 hour prior your scheduled appointment. We will reschedule your appointment.
- If anyone if the house is sick, please notify the office no later than 1 hour prior your scheduled appointment. We can coordinate and completed services via telehealth until all family members are healthy.
- To the greatest extent possible, a physical distance of 6 feet should be maintained when inside the facility.
- Contactless check in will be available using iPad check in systems at each location. A QR code can be scanned and the attestations can be filled out from your phone. Additionally, sanitized stylus pens will be available to fill out the form on the iPad.
Please note that services are encouraged by the Department of Health to continue via telehealth services. Both the families and therapists must feel comfortable in order for face-to-face services to resume. Any concerns should be discussed as a team and with the OSC to help make any transitions go as smoothly as possible. Remember, as all things have been during this State of Emergency, these are fluid situations. At any time we can be notified that we must discontinue face-to-face services. We will do our best to keep everyone up to date on the latest changes