Refund & Grievance Policy
Kidz Conference Services’ Cancellation of Event
Full refunds will be provided to all participants within thirty (30) days of the event should Kidz Conference Services or the event instructor cancel the conference due to:
- limited enrollment
- severely inclement weather (snowstorm, flooding)
- power outages in the building or other emergency situation at the event site
- speaker cancellation
Participant’s Cancellation of Enrollment
Refund requests must be received by mail/email at least 14 days prior to the conference date. There will be a handling fee for all cancellations; the amount of the fee will be specified in the conference brochure for each session.
No refunds will be issued if cancellation occurs less than 14 days prior to the scheduled date.
Participants who attend a conference by payment with a Purchase Order will not be issued a Certificate of Attendance until payment has been received by Kidz Conference Services.
Kidz Conference Services is fully committed to conducting all activities in strict conformance with the governing body for which continuing education units/credits are being requested. Kidz Conference Services will comply with all legal and ethical responsibilities to be non-discriminatory in promotional activities, program content and in the treatment of program participants. The monitoring and assessment of compliance with these standards will be the responsibility of the CE Administrator in consultation with the members of the continuing education committee.
While Kidz Conference Services goes to great lengths to assure fair treatment for all participants and attempts to anticipate problems, there will be occasional issues which come to the attention of the conference staff which require intervention and/or action on the part of the conference staff or an administrator of Kidz Conference Services. The following procedures serve as a guideline for handling such grievances.
A participant must file a grievance in writing within ten (10) days of the event. Each complaint will be handled on a case-by-case basis by the CE Administrator and/or the Executive Director of the Agency. The Agency reserves the right to respond to the complaint within 30 days of notification. If the participant expects action on the complaint, the following actions may be taken:
- If the grievance concerns a Speaker, the content presented by the Speaker, or the style of presentation, the CE Administrator will pass on the comments to the Speaker, assuring the confidentiality of the grieved individual.
- If the grievance concerns a workshop offering, it’s content, level of presentation, or the facilities in which the workshop was offered, the CE Administrator will mediate and will be the final arbitrator. If the participant requests action, the CE Administrator may:
- Provide a credit for another workshop or
- Provide a partial or full refund of the workshop fee.
- If the grievance regards the facility choice and grievance is founded, consideration will be given to changing sites for future conferences if the problem of concern cannot be trusted to be resolved in a mutually agreed upon fashion.
- If the grievance concerns Kidz Conference Services' CE program, in a specific regard, the CE Administrator, in conjunction with the Executive Director of Kidz Conference Services will attempt to arbitrate.